Saturday, February 28, 2009
I got the heads back togheter for the shovelhead today. I didn't think to take any pictures before I started, but I took care of some valve shrouding that was going on since the valves are sunk in deep to make TDC clearance with the cylinders shaved down as far as they are. While I had everthing apart I back-cut the valves, in the pictures up above you can see the cut valve on the left and how it started out on the right, you end up with a valve that has a nicer shape that'll flow alot better with just enough seat material to let it run for a long time with no problems. I'm gonna put the bottom end togheter tomorrow and if everything goes to plan I should have it ridable within the next couple days.